03 July 2006

Remember the ALMO

I've been nominated onto the "ALMO Shadow Board". That sounds a bit sinister until you know it's the Arms Length Management Organisation (for Lewisham social housing), and it has a "shadow board" just until it's fully constituted. Seems like a good way of managing what used to be "council housing" - within the constraints imposed on us by central government (Thatcher's central government originally, to be fair!). I've got a briefing arranged with the interim Director of it today; hope it doesn't turn out like those explanations of "how PFI works" - of which I still haven't got enough PhDs in Economics to get the point!

This evening I have a meeting of the Lewisham Disability Coalition Trustees, which I'm still on as a non-Council representative (and want to stay as such if possible). Cllr Bentley has got the official Council 'seat', and I helped him out the other day with a quick low-down on how LDC works (and some of its' recent history).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home